White guys on Vimeo don’t use Final Cut for titles. They use Photoshop. Here’s how:
- Open up Photoshop and and command N will make a new document.
- Name your file and change preset to ‘custom’
- Change the width and height of your file to the frame size of your Final Cut project. (In FCP, command 0 will bring up Sequence settings. Frame Size is the first detail.)
- Change background contents to “transparent” and click OK.
- Use the text tool to design your text. You’ll see there’s a much wider selection of typefaces to chose from and you can actually preview what they look like vs. Final Cut’s guessing game. I like to use Helvetica Neue Light and Edwardian Script on a few key words.
- When finished, save as TIFF.
- In TIFF options select “save transparency” – this will ensure your titles fall over your video, not on a white background.
- Click OK.
- Import into Final Cut.
- Drag and drop over video. Render.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2biKgTV